Total Pageviews

Friday, January 27, 2012

Game Design Thoughts

As I continue my research into game design, I realized that there is far more that goes into it than I originally thought. I am mostly looking into flash game design, and it looks like a complicated process. There is a lot of software, work, and creativity that goes into a game. Surprisingly, there are even entire careers based on flash game design.

I did find one useful site that summarized the principle components of flash games. One of these components that I feel surprisingly strong about is actually the naming of a game. It might seem simple, but with so many games out there already, it is quite hard to think a creative and attractive name that hasn't been used by another person. A name is also the very first thing a person sees when they're browsing for a good game to waste some time on, so is very important.

It wasn't too hard coming up with an idea for a game that could be fun AND educational at the same time. My game will involve chemistry, and the way I see it, chemistry is both interesting and an academic topic, so it could work. Many people also struggle with it, so it could serve to help people in that area. The only thing that I'm having trouble grasping is HOW exactly one makes a game. I'm pretty sure it involves some kind of software. That's what research is for though.

No comments:

Post a Comment