Total Pageviews

Friday, January 27, 2012

Sub Day

Today I continued my research involving Game design. I found a useful site which describes all the elements a successful flash game needs. I looked at a few styles of games and decided that I will make a platformer-style flash game. I drew up a "pitch" with a few sketches and a description of my idea, which I will share with the teacher next class period. I knew that the game would have to have a unique, interesting name. Since the game will involve the periodic table of elements, and the word adventure is overused, I decided to name my game "Periodic Sojourn." I also made sure to stay on task the entire day, and be friendly and respectful to the sub.

This was the site I mainly used.
Also looked at.
This site also had tutorials, although I haven't had the chance to look at them yet.

1 comment:

  1. Could be interesting. I think the most difficult part of a platformer for educational purposes is making sure players will gain from the educational aspects of it.

    ReplyDelete